Monday, July 30, 2012

Tool #5

I used ABCya! to create a word cloud. I think this one I would use in the beginning of the year. I would like to have my students think of my classroom as their second home since they do spend half of their day in school. I would let them know that this is like their second home and that I expect for them to work as a team. I can show them this word cloud about my idea of what being part of a team means. As a class we can add more words and in the end we could post this in our classroom to remind us what is expected. Or they can each have a small one taped to their desk to remind them.

Storybird was the other tool I used. This would be a great way for students to create their own stories based on the pictures that are on there. I could also just select 10 different images that every student must use and we can probably come out with 24 different stories that develop with just those 10 images. Students could then post them on our class blog and then share their stories and allow other people's input.
Every Night a Different Journey:In search of a class pet. on Storybird

1 comment:

  1. The possibilities are endless! I can't wait to see what your kids come up with! Be sure to share your class blog with me!

    ReplyDelete