Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tool #2



My thoughts about building and participating in an online community and participating in a PLN.

I think that being part of a PLN and contributing to them being either creating our own PLN or commenting into blogs we visit is a great way to share the knowledge and ideas that we have. As a new teacher and during my student teaching I have at times relied on teacher blogs and website to get ideas on either classroom management or lesson planning ideas. I will admit that I had never left my thoughts or input into any blog or site I visited because I did not think it was that important. After watching the videos on PLN and reading through the information on this tool I have now changed my mind. I think it is important for the owner of the blog to know that you have used some of their ideas and tell them what worked for your class, what didn’t or even if you changed something or added something that they might not have considered. After visiting the blogs from the list I knew I had to comment on one. I choose to comment on http://booksforellkids.blogspot.com/2011/02/books-in-different-languages.html#comment-form. I must say that sharing your comments where the whole world can possibly see them is a bit intimidating than just sharing your thoughts in person. I really had to think about what I was sharing and yes I had to delete and retype a few times but… I DID IT ! This is also the blog that I will follow because it provides websites that i might refer back to when ever i might need to find book for my ELL students because sometime local book stores do not have a wide variety of books that are not in English.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You did it! Keep doing it, too. I always love it when someone comments on my blog. The more you do it the more comfortable you will become with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think my goal will also be to start commenting on the blogs of other WVE staff.

    ReplyDelete